At Prasada Yoga Center, we offer classes based on Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. The term “vinyasa” means “breath linked with movement.” Our vinyasa classes are strong and mindful. Synchronizing breath with powerful movement is the basis for all of our vinyasa classes. If you’re looking to build fitness and flexibility, release stress and become more focused, this dynamic meditation in motion will strengthen the body, while quieting the mind.
Our studio was created to inspire students to discover their unique power within. Our yoga is accessible but challenging. Our mission is to provide consistent, quality and skillful yoga instruction so students are empowered to tap into their full potential. Our certified instructors provide a safe and supportive learning environment so that you can challenge your physical limits, shift your mental perspective and awaken your true spirit.
Build a basic foundation for a vigorous practice through breathing techniques, sun salutations, and basic postures. We recommend this class as a starting point for those new to our studio. For those who have never taken a yoga class you may consider our “Beginner Series” (please see our events page).
Classes are taught to all levels of strength and flexibility. Some experience with sun salutations and basic postures (taught in our Basics classes) is suggested. Poses move through a progression, modifications are offered. Students are encouraged to challenge themselves at a safe and effective level of practice.
Slow Flow yoga practices slowing down by using a slow steady breath, holding postures, transitioning smoothly, and opening gently and mindfully while pausing and feeling each pose. This class is perfect for practitioners of all level’s, whether a beginner or easing back onto the mat.
A great class for beginners—and everyone interested in exploring a gentle practice. This class is appropriate for those who want a softer, nurturing, slow-paced, well-supported and relaxing practice. Postures may be approached in gradual steps, with plenty of time to focus on breathing and repetition so that the practice is simple to do and easy to remember. This class includes basic breathing exercises, as well as a variety of foundational postures (standing, seated, and on the floor).
Classes will include yoga postures, flowing movements and pranayama (focus on breath) to help students achieve relaxation and mobility in everyday life. Conscious effort to link breath with movement helps relieve tension and helps students gain flexibility and improve strength in the body. Cancer survivors and caregivers are welcome to participate in this class. No yoga experience is necessary.
Class will consists of 5 minutes to slowly settle into the room, 5 minutes at the end to exit and ask questions, with about 20 minutes of guided meditation in between. Whether you are new to meditation, or have an existing meditation practice, this class will be the perfect dose of evening quiet. Through breath and/or body awareness you will easily connect to the present moment, become aware of your thoughts, feelings, and sensations, and accept what is and learn techniques that you can carry into all other aspects of your day to day life.
Yin yoga allows us to slow down and find release within deeper stretches. This style of yoga targets the connective tissue that don’t always get addressed in our more yang-like vinyasa yoga. Poses are passively held for 2-4 minutes which allows for a deep stretch and an opportunity to cultivate inner awareness. This yoga complements our vinyasa yoga as well as activities like running and biking. Poses are all seated or supine and targets the ribs to the knees. We will use props and tennis balls in this 45 minute session and then melt into a restorative savasana.
Things to know before coming to class
- New students living in our area receive the first class free and have an option to purchase a one month unlimited membership for $30 when starting with us at Prasada. (For students starting with us through the Beginner Series, a free week is built in). Students must first fill out a health history and waiver form, so please allow time for this prior to class. Teachers will arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of class to allow students time to sign in, take care of any transactions, discuss any concerns and to get settled in.
- Shoes must be removed and remain outside of the practice area. They can be kept in the front entrance way.
- For sanitary reasons, purchasing your own mat is advised. We offer Jade & Manduka mats for sale at the studio, however loaner mats are also available for first-time use, or in the event that you forget your mat.
- Out of respect for all students and the time that’s committed, we will do our best to start and end classes on time. Please be aware of any time constraints that you may have. Entering class late or leaving early should be an exception and done with conscious effort to minimize distractions for the rest of the students.
- Only water is allowed inside of the studio space. Please make sure water is in a container with a secured top.
- Please turn off all cell phones or place them on vibrate prior to class.
- In the event of inclement weather, please call the studio for cancellation information. This information will be on the voicemail at least one hour prior to the start of class (30 min for 6 a.m. classes). Cancellations will also be posted on Facebook & Instagram (except for the 6 a.m. classes).
Class Rates and Punch Cards
New students living in our area receive the first class free and have an option to purchase a one month unlimited membership for $30. Teens are free with a parent or guardian.
Drop In Rate: $15/class; $12 seniors/students/yoga instructors
5 class card: $65; $55 seniors/students/yoga instructors (3 month expiration)
10 class card: $120; $100 seniors/students/yoga instructors (6 month expiration)
20 class card: $210; $190 seniors/students/yoga instructors (12 month expiration)
Option 1) Automatic Billing: $85/month; seniors/students/yoga instructors : $75 (minimum 6 month commitment)
Option 2) 1 Month Unlimited: $95; seniors /students/yoga instructors: $85
Option 3) 3 Month Unlimited: $270; seniors/students/yoga instructors: $240
Option 4) “The Vacationer”: $30 for 1 week unlimited classes
Option 5) Teen (ages 12-17 ): $40 1 month unlimited classes.
All memberships include a free guest pass each month to be used in that month as well as discounts off workshops.
Private Sessions or Group classes available by appointment upon request. See individual instructors for rates.
**senior discount 60+; student ID required for student discount; teacher rate for yoga instructors (please bring valid paystub for verification)
Work study is available for those who qualify when positions are available.